By accepting this cake agreement and paying a deposit, you agree to be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before placing your order with AVALYNN CAKES.
By using the AVALYNN CAKES service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to refuse the sale of goods or services or to cancel an order under certain circumstances.
Please be aware that all photographs taken of your cakes prior to delivery remain property of AVALYNN CAKES.
A 50% deposit (via bank transfer or credit card) is required to confirm a booking. No order will commence until a deposit has been paid & received. Once the deposit has been paid, the quoted price remains fixed to the details in the quote.
The balance of payment is due (via bank transfer or credit card) TWO WEEKS prior to delivery. Orders will not be delivered or completed unless paid in full. If placing an order within that two-week period, then full payment is due & payable for this order to proceed.
CONFIRMATION OF ORDERS
Please ensure all contact details, personal information, the spelling of names, design requirements, delivery & collection details, and any requested changes have been properly documented on your cake confirmation. Notify AVALYNN CAKES via Phone or Whatapps immediately of any errors.
CANCELLATIONS/CHANGE OF DATE
- All cancellations/changes must be received in writing.
- In the event of cancellation,
- A full refund will be issued if the cake is canceled 1 month before the date is due.
- 50% refund for cake canceled 2 weeks before the date is due.
- There will be no refund for cancellation notice that is less than 2 weeks.
- All refunds given will be put on in-store credit to be used at a future date. No cash refund will be given. Sorry.
- However, if AVALYNN CAKES has to cancel the order with you for any particular reason due to health, family, or situations out of our control, a full refund will be provided to you, as well as assistance in finding a suitable decorator with similar experience to complete your order.
CANCELLATIONS, OR CHANGES DUE TO COVID
If you are currently booked with us and wish to reschedule or downsize your order due to Covid, then we will happily take care of this for you, with no penalty. If you are not able to do this and wish to cancel completely, then you are welcome to a full refund.
However, plenty of notice is required for this option. Canceling the week of the event, and expecting a full refund, may not be an option at this late stage. Please be mindful, many hours go into the creation of a cake. Quite often the sugar/fondant work is created in advance. This will be taken into account, and a refund for the remaining monies will be offered.
We ask that all changes are made prior to the two-week cut-off period. Thank you for your understanding.
- At AVALYNN CAKES we pride ourselves on the quality of our products and services.
- All our ingredients are of the highest quality. All cakes are made in premises in which nuts are used, every effort is taken to keep ingredients separate however cakes may contain traces of nuts.
- It is important to remember that cakes are a perishable and delicate product.
- Our aim is to provide only the freshest and highest quality cakes to our customers.
STORAGE AND CAKE CARE
- Our cakes are best served at room temperature.
- Keep buttercream and fresh cream cake refrigerated (with box) until a couple of hours before serving.
- Remove cake from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature (we recommend 1 hour) to develop the best flavor and texture.
- If it's a fully covered fondant cake, DO NOT keep it in the refrigerator. Instead, leave it in a cold air-conditioned room.
- All cakes must NOT be left in any warm or hot environment.
- Some cake decorations are nonedible.
- Fondant figurines and flowers may have skewers inside. DO NOT give it to children for consumption.
- Tall and tier cakes may have dowels or plastic straws in the cake to support the cake structure. Remove all support materials before serving.
- DO NOT smash someone's face into the cake as the support materials might cause injuries.
- Refrigerate leftover cake in an airtight container. Best eaten within 5 days.
- Cake can be frozen and it's best eaten within 6 months.
- Please note: All of our cakes contain dairy, egg, & gluten. Our kitchen is not a nut-free environment.
If for some reason the cake has been damaged when it has left our premises (whilst in your care), or after delivery to the venue, then we take no responsibility. However, if you request an emergency call-out, we will endeavor to restore the cake to its original presentation, at an agreed call-out fee.
DELIVVER OK is our trusted partner for all cake delivery arrangements. Should you need a delivery service, we require an address to provide a quotation.
The cake will be delivered in the time slot as follow. You are required to choose a time slot when you book your delivery service with us:
- 11am - 1pm
- 1pm - 3pm
- 3pm - 5pm
- 5pm - 7pm
TRANSPORTING YOUR CAKE
Should you choose to pick up your own cake, please follow the guidelines below:
- Always keep the box/cake level. Do not tilt the cake box.
- Make sure to support the bottom of the box when carrying.
- Secure a flat & level surface in your car to place cake during transport (Passenger floorboard is ideal).
- We do not recommend having someone hold the cake on their lap.
- We do not recommend placing the cake in the seat of a car.
- Keep the car cooler than usual. Cake & frosting get very soft in warm environments.
- Never leave the cake in a hot car or in the trunk.
- Allow extra time for transporting your cake to the event site. Drive slow. Try to avoid sudden stops.
When cakes are being completed, the shop will be busy fulfilling other orders. Please do not request images of cakes prior to pickup/delivery, we don’t offer this service. Thank you for your understanding,
AVALYNN CAKES reserves the right to take and use photographs of your cake(s) and desserts, before, during, and after set up, to use for marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes, without compensation to you.
VARIATIONS FROM PICTURED ITEMS
Please understand if a picture/image is supplied, then in some cases, it may be necessary to change color or vary a product from the picture as certain items may be unavailable from time to time. We are not copy cat decorators, and can only try to replicate what we can, within our limits.
Where items are provided on cakes (plastic figures, toys or handmade sugared items) they are strictly provided as decorations on a cake, and it is advised that these are not consumed. Some figurines and decorations may contain wire or toothpicks which are dangerous if consumed.
As each cake is unique, so too, are your special requirements and concerns surrounding your order.
If there is an issue with your order please note that you must refrigerate the cake immediately and return it to us on the next business day if we are to consider any refunds at all. Kindly refer to our refund policy for further information.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
AVALYNN CAKES will not disclose any personal information such as your name, address, email or telephone number to any person outside of the company, unless the customer has authorised us to do so or unless required by law to disclose such information.
Furthermore, under no circumstances will AVALYNN CAKES sell or receive payments or services for disclosing customer’s personal information to any partner or external company.
AGREEMENT TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
By proceeding with a purchase you are in agreement with our terms and conditions as stated above.